Twitter’s progressive web app aimed at using less data and storage on your smartphones is now rolling out in India. The app dubbed as Twitter Lite is a progressive web app. It is a combination of the website taking up some features from the native app to build a lightweight version.
Twitter Lite gives users an app-based experience. It does not have all the hassle of downloading the native app from an app store. Users can go on to mobile.twitter.com from their web browsers and ‘Add it’ to their home screen.
Twitter Lite PWA
Twitter lite PWA gaining popularity now. Many websites are creating their own ‘lite’ versions so that users don’t need to download the app. Twitter Lite is optimised to work even in areas with low connectivity. It incorporates features from the native app.
The app has the basic features of Twitter – Timeline, Tweets, Direct Messages, trending topics, user profile, notifications among others.
Users of the Lite app will notice that the PWA loads quickly. It takes up less than an MB on their smartphones. There’s even a data saver mode that uses lesser data. It shows a blurred preview of images which can only be loaded once the user taps on it. Users can also view their tweet stream if they lose the data connection also the Twitter Lite app will send Push Notifications.
Twitter collaborates with Vodafone India on the launch of its Lite app for latest news on IPL, T20 matches and fixtures. Subscribers of Vodafone in the country will also receive text messages for content specially curated for them. Users will be taken straight to the Twitter’s mobile client upon clicking the link in the message. There they can log in and view more information.
Twitter Just Ruined Twitter
“We are happy to partner Twitter to offer this innovative service to our customers. It will enable our customers to access a selection of curated Twitter content in their area of interest – first with cricket and more to come across other genre.
Throughout this 10th season of IPL, our customers can look forward to enjoying some great content using Twitter Lite on Vodafone SuperNet,” said Avneesh Khosla, Executive Vice President, Products & Services, Vodafone India on the launch of Twitter Lite.
“Twitter Lite reduces data use by default, serving smaller media resources and relying on cached data. We’ve optimised images to reduce their impact on data usage by as much as 40% as you scroll through a timeline,” Twitter explains in a blog post.
1,833 total views, 0 views today
- 12 Weeks to the Body by Jenn Glysson – Fitness review - December 13, 2017
- Travel tips – Photograph – capture the moment - December 12, 2017
- 4 Interesting facts about famous men that you did not know! - December 11, 2017
- Have You Found The One? Find out now - November 27, 2017
- Antioxidant, Iron and Protein Rich Healthy Lunch Salad - November 13, 2017
- 39 Ways Increase the Facebook Page Likes - November 11, 2017
- What Do You When 25 Feels Like 65 - November 6, 2017
- Bollywood celebrities participation to booming online shopping - November 4, 2017
- 5 Simplest Online Shopping Hacks that will get you more things with less money - October 31, 2017
- Travel: The Draw of a gap year - October 28, 2017