[Following is a volunteer review of “Sigfried’s Smelly Socks!” by Len Foley.]
Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! written by Len Foley promises to be a hilarious book for kids in the age group of 3-7 years and I assure you that it stands up to the promise. It is about a young boy’s search for why his book smells so bad and the process of searching for the smell is shown in a very comic way. The creativity used in displaying this story is really amazing. It is true clean educational humor. There was a funny warning on the cover page saying that “Everyone says this book Stinks”. I found it very clever and witty. The author has done a great job with his illustrations and storytelling, given the limited span of twenty-six pages.
Some of the illustrations were so real that I got a 5 dimensional experience. We could nearly smell the bad odor coming out of some parts of the book. Sigfried is really cute and very relatable. I am 29 years old and I loved it and found it funny. I was reminded of my childhood days and my old smelly socks that used be a mood-spoiler for my siblings.
The illustrations shown in the book are very different from the other books of this genre. It has a lot of full-page illustrations with great imagination and individuality. Some people may find a few moments as gross but I am not one of them as I like bathroom humor and find it cute. It was very yucky but amusing when in one of the pages, we found that her little sister had wiped her behind. I found it very adorable and funny.
The narration is short and uses rhyming words, so it could be easily read out to a kid. Some of the words used in the paragraphs like ‘slobber’, ‘kraut’, etc. were very difficult to understand even for me. In a way, if we look up for the words then there is something new to learn from it.
It is a very large book with height – 10 inches and nearly equal width. So it may be difficult for kids to read from it by holding it in hands. It should be kept on a desk or on the floor while reading. On my mobile device it displays in landscape mode, which is really helpful to view the large images.
I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. It deserves it completely. I was really impressed by this book and it left me with a smile and made my day wonderful. I would love to read more books from this author. I recommend this book to be read to the kids who are really naughty, witty and have a good sense of humor. They could relate to this book and it would inspire them to explore their surroundings much more.
Like BoyLazy’s review? Post a comment saying so!
Similar post here.
- Crowdfire – Personal Social Media Manager – Review - May 16, 2018
- 10 stars who have been in the film industry since more than 2 decades - May 5, 2018
- Top 5 Superstars who have always been loyal to the WWE - May 1, 2018
- Book Review — Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! - April 21, 2018
- The World’s Most Powerful Laptop - April 14, 2018
- 5 Things That All Women Hate About Guys - April 11, 2018
- 67 Facts – Online Vs Offline Shopping (Infographic) - April 3, 2018
- Filmfare Awards 2017: Then and now - January 5, 2018
- 9 eye exercises to keep you disease free - January 3, 2018
- इन सर्दियों में पेट कम करने और हेल्दी स्किन के लिए खाएं ये 5 ऑर्गेनिक फूड - December 23, 2017