If you are not aware on how to do your homework before voting, here are few tips which I learned recently from a few forwarded video on my WhatsApp group of college friends and few questions from quora site. The info was in regional language, thus I decided to quickly write a post in English and share for public awareness.
Before deciding whether to watch a movie or not, we view so many review sites and suggestions from friends. But do we take time to analyze before we vote. If you don’t have a voter id then don’t waste your time here.
10 tips for deciding our vote:
- First things first, identify which constituency you belong to. Go here and find out your voter number, polling booth details by searching through the voter list.
- Do not get influenced by your parents, as they have knowledge, much acquired from the media which is not always trustworthy.
- Normally we decide based on the face of the party and don’t even consider the independent candidates. I learned that it is not the right way to vote. We need to learn the information of the individual candidates from our area like their Criminal, Financial and Educational details Click here to get info on your neta.
- You can get the history of election results in your area from here or here.
- Create a basic check list of criteria’s for the candidates before deciding your vote. Google their names and find out if they are in some messy news.
- Have a look at the Party manifestos and you will get to know which ones are feasible and which ones are just to fool the voters.
- If you are still unsure, then get outside and ask the locals about the candidates, if they are helpful after the elections.
- Once you have decided your person to vote, make sure you are not confused with other candidates with similar names. In many constituencies there are independent candidates who are participating just to confuse the voter and share the vote bank.
- If you get to know all the truth from the above links and decide that no one is suitable for the job, either you would need to decide on the least evil of all the candidates from your constituency or 49-O your vote.
- I personally found these links very helpful and found that my previous decision coincided with my findings and now I am sure on whom to cast my vote to.
Be bright, vote for what is right!
180 total views, 1 views today
- India vs Australia cricket series: schedule and teams announced – check it out now - August 21, 2017
- Unknown facts – Most dangerous state in India – Nagaland - August 17, 2017
- Top 5 movies to watch on this Independence Day to feel patriotic - August 15, 2017
- Top 6 motivational Marketing quotes to get you boosted - August 10, 2017
- Vice Presidential election 2017: Five controversies that hit NDA candidate Venkaiah Naidu - August 6, 2017
- Top 5 innovative ideas to make your life comfortable – Part 1 - July 31, 2017
- India vs Sri Lanka 2017 series schedule – list of matches with date – click to know more - July 26, 2017
- Being an adult is completely different from what i thought it would be - July 17, 2017
- Sunny Leone, Aish, SRK: This is how your favourite celebrities look in their passports - July 5, 2017
- Katrina Kaif is her own motivation for a hot-body in Thugs of Hindostan - July 3, 2017