Nagaland is located in the North East India. It is part of the seven sister states. Here we bring to you the unknown facts about Nagaland.
Unknown facts about Nagaland
It is the only state in India where most of the people don’t have a major common language which is spoke all over Nagaland. There are around 100 languages in Nagaland since there is no single major tribe of people in Nagaland.
It is a small state with a total population of around 19 lakhs which is lesser than districts of some states in India.
Not everyone but most of the people their eats dog meat, which is quite uncommon.
88% of the population is Christian, 8.5% are Hindus and 2.5% are Muslims.
Hills and forests cover most of the area in Nagaland.
Ao is the language spoke by 12% of the population.
They were rings on their Kada on their legs to help them in climbing trees.
They give a lot of importance to their dreams. In Nagaland they believe that dreams can become reality one day.
Some areas inside the state are too dangerous to visit without proper government permission.
While most Indians from other states think this state is backward and people hunt in forest to find food, it has 80-85% literacy rate which is much more than other Indian states.
They don’t like eating vegetables.
One can’t fire crackers in Nagaland even-though there are a lot of places where often bombs explode.
The only alcohols allowed in this state are Whiskey, Rum and Beer.
They have lots of occasions for celebrations in cultural festivals. The famous one is Hornbill festival. From 1st week of December for around 10 days this festival is celebrated in a grand manner.
Hope you liked these facts. Share any unknown facts that we may have missed.
Do like, comment, share and subscribe with BoyLazy to show your support.
Similar posts here.
587 total views, 3 views today
- Antioxidant, Iron and Protein Rich Healthy Lunch Salad - November 13, 2017
- 39 Ways Increase the Facebook Page Likes - November 11, 2017
- What Do You When 25 Feels Like 65 - November 6, 2017
- Bollywood celebrities participation to booming online shopping - November 4, 2017
- 5 Simplest Online Shopping Hacks that will get you more things with less money - October 31, 2017
- Travel: The Draw of a gap year - October 28, 2017
- Top 5 hidden WhatsApp tricks features you need to try right now - October 22, 2017
- 5 Contestants who were evicted from Bigg Boss owing to violence - October 18, 2017
- Top 3 movies that raised child abuse awareness in India - October 9, 2017
- Top 10 major drawbacks of shopping online - October 7, 2017