Nagaland is located in the North East India. It is part of the seven sister states. Here we bring to you the unknown facts about Nagaland.
Unknown facts about Nagaland
It is the only state in India where most of the people don’t have a major common language which is spoke all over Nagaland. There are around 100 languages in Nagaland since there is no single major tribe of people in Nagaland.
It is a small state with a total population of around 19 lakhs which is lesser than districts of some states in India.
Not everyone but most of the people their eats dog meat, which is quite uncommon.
88% of the population is Christian, 8.5% are Hindus and 2.5% are Muslims.
Hills and forests cover most of the area in Nagaland.
Ao is the language spoke by 12% of the population.
They were rings on their Kada on their legs to help them in climbing trees.
They give a lot of importance to their dreams. In Nagaland they believe that dreams can become reality one day.
Some areas inside the state are too dangerous to visit without proper government permission.
While most Indians from other states think this state is backward and people hunt in forest to find food, it has 80-85% literacy rate which is much more than other Indian states.
They don’t like eating vegetables.
One can’t fire crackers in Nagaland even-though there are a lot of places where often bombs explode.
The only alcohols allowed in this state are Whiskey, Rum and Beer.
They have lots of occasions for celebrations in cultural festivals. The famous one is Hornbill festival. From 1st week of December for around 10 days this festival is celebrated in a grand manner.
Hope you liked these facts. Share any unknown facts that we may have missed.
Do like, comment, share and subscribe with BoyLazy to show your support.
Similar posts here.
- The World’s Most Powerful Laptop - April 14, 2018
- 5 Things That All Women Hate About Guys - April 11, 2018
- 67 Facts – Online Vs Offline Shopping (Infographic) - April 3, 2018
- Filmfare Awards 2017: Then and now - January 5, 2018
- 9 eye exercises to keep you disease free - January 3, 2018
- इन सर्दियों में पेट कम करने और हेल्दी स्किन के लिए खाएं ये 5 ऑर्गेनिक फूड - December 23, 2017
- 12 Weeks to the Body by Jenn Glysson – Fitness review - December 13, 2017
- Travel tips – Photograph – capture the moment - December 12, 2017
- 4 Interesting facts about famous men that you did not know! - December 11, 2017
- Have You Found The One? Find out now - November 27, 2017