Yet another homework assignment intended for elementary school students has been stumping parents across the U.K.
The seemingly innocent question was on a homework assignment given to Year Five students at a primary school in Glossop, England, located near Manchester. A 10-year-old boy’s father was stumped by the question, and submitted a photo of the assignment to Facebook for help.
“Calculate the perimeter of these composite rectilinear shapes,” the question asks.
“My son’s grandma had spent a while helping him with his homework and most of it was straightforward but this one question left her stumped,” the boy’s 43-year-old father toldManchester Evening News.
But when Manchester Evening News tweeted out the story, their replies were filled with criticisms and explanations for the problem.
Some noted that the question was not framed properly.
However, Twitter user “eindvistle” summed up the answer pretty perfectly, for those who are still stumped by the answer.
Of course, this isn’t the first test question to puzzle parents, proving that math skills can fade when you no longer practice them.
269 total views, 2 views today
- India vs Australia cricket series: schedule and teams announced – check it out now - August 21, 2017
- Unknown facts – Most dangerous state in India – Nagaland - August 17, 2017
- Top 5 movies to watch on this Independence Day to feel patriotic - August 15, 2017
- Top 6 motivational Marketing quotes to get you boosted - August 10, 2017
- Vice Presidential election 2017: Five controversies that hit NDA candidate Venkaiah Naidu - August 6, 2017
- Top 5 innovative ideas to make your life comfortable – Part 1 - July 31, 2017
- India vs Sri Lanka 2017 series schedule – list of matches with date – click to know more - July 26, 2017
- Being an adult is completely different from what i thought it would be - July 17, 2017
- Sunny Leone, Aish, SRK: This is how your favourite celebrities look in their passports - July 5, 2017
- Katrina Kaif is her own motivation for a hot-body in Thugs of Hindostan - July 3, 2017