Yet another homework assignment intended for elementary school students has been stumping parents across the U.K.
The seemingly innocent question was on a homework assignment given to Year Five students at a primary school in Glossop, England, located near Manchester. A 10-year-old boy’s father was stumped by the question, and submitted a photo of the assignment to Facebook for help.
“Calculate the perimeter of these composite rectilinear shapes,” the question asks.
“My son’s grandma had spent a while helping him with his homework and most of it was straightforward but this one question left her stumped,” the boy’s 43-year-old father toldManchester Evening News.
But when Manchester Evening News tweeted out the story, their replies were filled with criticisms and explanations for the problem.
Some noted that the question was not framed properly.
However, Twitter user “eindvistle” summed up the answer pretty perfectly, for those who are still stumped by the answer.
Of course, this isn’t the first test question to puzzle parents, proving that math skills can fade when you no longer practice them.
348 total views, 3 views today
- 5 Contestants who were evicted from Bigg Boss owing to violence - October 18, 2017
- Top 3 movies that raised child abuse awareness in India - October 9, 2017
- Top 10 major drawbacks of shopping online - October 7, 2017
- Katrina, Trump, Kohli: Our wishlist for contestants on Bigg Boss - October 4, 2017
- These are your 5 hottest female contestants of Bigg Boss so far! - October 1, 2017
- Katrina Kaif spends some quality time with her mom and sister - September 29, 2017
- When Game of thrones met Bollywood - September 27, 2017
- 5 takes on Bollywood stars in ‘Game of Thrones’: Part 1 - September 11, 2017
- This is why India struggles at sports other than cricket - September 7, 2017
- Better with friends: Benefits of working out with other people - August 31, 2017