Yet another homework assignment intended for elementary school students has been stumping parents across the U.K.
The seemingly innocent question was on a homework assignment given to Year Five students at a primary school in Glossop, England, located near Manchester. A 10-year-old boy’s father was stumped by the question, and submitted a photo of the assignment to Facebook for help.
“Calculate the perimeter of these composite rectilinear shapes,” the question asks.
“My son’s grandma had spent a while helping him with his homework and most of it was straightforward but this one question left her stumped,” the boy’s 43-year-old father toldManchester Evening News.
But when Manchester Evening News tweeted out the story, their replies were filled with criticisms and explanations for the problem.
Some noted that the question was not framed properly.
However, Twitter user “eindvistle” summed up the answer pretty perfectly, for those who are still stumped by the answer.
Of course, this isn’t the first test question to puzzle parents, proving that math skills can fade when you no longer practice them.
- Filmfare Awards 2017: Then and now - January 5, 2018
- 9 eye exercises to keep you disease free - January 3, 2018
- इन सर्दियों में पेट कम करने और हेल्दी स्किन के लिए खाएं ये 5 ऑर्गेनिक फूड - December 23, 2017
- 12 Weeks to the Body by Jenn Glysson – Fitness review - December 13, 2017
- Travel tips – Photograph – capture the moment - December 12, 2017
- 4 Interesting facts about famous men that you did not know! - December 11, 2017
- Have You Found The One? Find out now - November 27, 2017
- Antioxidant, Iron and Protein Rich Healthy Lunch Salad - November 13, 2017
- 39 Ways Increase the Facebook Page Likes - November 11, 2017
- What Do You When 25 Feels Like 65 - November 6, 2017