Recently there has been a lot of Hype and Buzz created for the movie Half Girlfriend. Let us see if it will live up to its expectations. This is BoyLazy’s prediction based on various aspects of the movie.
Half GirlFriend Story
The Story of this movie is the key aspect based on a book by Chetan Bhagat. This story is a coming-of-age romance between a vernacular Bihari Boy – Madhav Jha, who falls in love with an upper class “Delhi high-society” girl – Riya Somani. On the outside, the two of them have nothing in common, but love blossoms in the most unexpected way when Madhav starts to woo Riya.
Chetan Bhagat commented, “Half-Girlfriend, to me, is a unique Indian phenomenon, where boys and girls are not clear about their relationship status with each other. A boy may think he is more than friends with the girl, but the girl is still not his girlfriend. Hence, I thought we needed a term like ‘Half girlfriend’. Because, in India, that is what most men get.”
Other books of Chetan Bhagat:
Five Point Someone (2004) – 3 Idiots (2009) – Super Hit
One Night @ the Call Center (2005) – Hello (2008) – Flop
The 3 Mistakes of My Life (2008) – Kai Po Che! (2013) – Average Hit.
2 States (2009) – 2 States (2014) – 103.50 Crores – Super Hit
Revolution 2020 (2011) – UTV Motion pictures has acquired the rights to this story.
Half Girlfriend (2014) – Half Girlfriend (2017)
One Indian Girl (2016) – Kangana wishes to play a lead in Chetan Bhagat’s One Indian Girl.
Based on the story history this movie could be a great hit.
Songs are soothing and the music album is already a hit with the fans.
The trailer of the movie has crossed 1 million hits in no time.
2014, 2 States, 103.50 Crores, Super-Hit
2014, Finding Fanny, 28.50 Crores, Flop
2015, Tevar, 39.00 Crores, Flop
2016, Ki and Ka, 51.61 Crores, Hit
2 hits and 2 flops. He is an average scale hero. Arjun Kapoor fell in a controversy with the director of this movie when he was partying late nights and turning up late to the shoot. He dedicates his time to the promotional campaign for this movie now.
2015, ABCD 2, 106 Crores, Hit.
2016, Baaghi, 76.25 Crores, Super Hit.
2016, Rock On 2, 10.47 Crores, Disaster.
2017, OK Jaanu, Flop.
Shraddha Kapoor has put a lot of efforts for this movie, but she has recent bad history at the box office.
Director & Producer
Ashiqui 2 star Mohit Suri has also bombed at the box office with “Ek Villain” and “Humaari Adhoori Kahaani”.
Production house has also had a bad recent history by Ekta Kapoor.
With all the publicity this looks like a nice film. The buzz being created over this movie has created lots of expectations. Only drawback being the box office history of the people involved in this movie. Only the story has to take this movie ahead, which looks difficult. Boylazy hopes that negative into negative gives a positive.
290 total views, 1 views today
- 5 Contestants who were evicted from Bigg Boss owing to violence - October 18, 2017
- Top 3 movies that raised child abuse awareness in India - October 9, 2017
- Top 10 major drawbacks of shopping online - October 7, 2017
- Katrina, Trump, Kohli: Our wishlist for contestants on Bigg Boss - October 4, 2017
- These are your 5 hottest female contestants of Bigg Boss so far! - October 1, 2017
- Katrina Kaif spends some quality time with her mom and sister - September 29, 2017
- When Game of thrones met Bollywood - September 27, 2017
- 5 takes on Bollywood stars in ‘Game of Thrones’: Part 1 - September 11, 2017
- This is why India struggles at sports other than cricket - September 7, 2017
- Better with friends: Benefits of working out with other people - August 31, 2017